Industrial manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into finished products that are intended for industrial use. These products include everything from basic components and hardware to large-scale structures and assemblies. At Advance Industrial Manufacturing, we specialize in the fabrication of custom metal parts and assemblies for infrastructure projects and other industrial applications.
Industrial Manufacturing Services
Advance Industrial Manufacturing provides custom metalworking, welding, and fabrication services for a range of medium and large industrial projects. Our capabilities include:
- Custom metal fabrication: Custom metal fabrication encompasses everything from cutting and shaping metal parts to assembling final products. We use a range of advanced metal fabrication techniques and equipment to produce custom metal components, support structures, and assemblies.
- Substation structures: Electrical substations are an integral part of power transmission and distribution networks. We produce high-strength metal products and structures used in substation construction using numerous fabrication and finishing processes.
- Machinery and secondary: From CNC drills and press brakes to high-end welding machines, our extensive selection of metal fabrication equipment gives us the flexibility to satisfy unique customer requests. We also provide various secondary services, including plate and angle processing, painting and coating, and steel galvanization.
Custom Metal Manufacturing
Our custom metal manufacturing capabilities include infrastructure solutions for tunneling, mining, and power transmission and distribution projects. We can source and work with several standard and specialty metals, including carbon, forged and stainless steel, copper, aluminum, brass, and nickel alloy.
Our metal fabrication processes include:
- Forming: The forming process uses mechanical deformation to form a metal workpiece into the desired shape.
- Bending: With metal bending, a metal workpiece is bent into an angular ‘V’ or ‘U’ shape by applying a force that exceeds its yield strength. This is generally accomplished using a press brake or punch and die.
- Shearing: Metal shearing uses a machine or tool to make long, straight cuts on flat sheet stock. This process is often used to trim the edges from long sheets of metal or to cut a sheet metal piece to size from a larger stock.
- Rolling: Metal rolling involves passing metal stock through one or more pairs of rolls, processing it into a thin, flat metal sheet with uniform thickness.
- Drilling: During the metal drilling process, a powerful drill with a specialized drill bit is used to cut a circular hole into a metal workpiece.
- Sawing: The metal sawing process cuts small pieces of metal from a larger metal workpiece using a high-powered saw.
- Plasma cutting: Plasma cutting, also known as plasma arc cutting, uses an accelerated jet of ionized gas to melt and cut through electrically conductive materials such as metals.
- Welding: During the welding process, two or more metal surfaces are permanently joined using heat, pressure, or both.
Substations are electrical systems that work together to transport electricity from power generators to consumers. Before reaching the consumer, electricity typically travels through a series of substations at varying voltage levels. These substations can be classified into distinct types depending on their voltage capacities and the role they play within the power network. Two of the most important substation types include:
- Transmission substations: After receiving power from the main power generation plant, transmission substations use a large power transformer to step up the voltage for long-distance transportation to localized distribution substations. These substations are designed to cover large areas and handle high voltage levels.
- Distribution substations: Distribution substations receive electricity from transmission systems. They use a transformer to step down the voltage before it is supplied to various consumers through distribution lines.
An effective power transmission and distribution system requires metal poles, towers, and other structures to develop the necessary infrastructure for electricity movement. At Advance Industrial Manufacturing, we produce the high-strength lattice structural components used to support overhead transmission lines. We also construct sturdy metal handrail systems, stairs, and platforms for improved substation navigation and safety.
Machinery and Secondary Services
While our metal fabrication experience spans a wide range of industries, one of our main areas of expertise is the custom fabrication of substations. From switches and transformers to tubing and beams, our galvanized custom steel products support several critical areas of substation design. Meeting the unique needs of clients in this industry requires a diverse collection of metalworking tools and equipment that allow specific functions to be performed with precision and efficiency. Our equipment selection includes:
- CNC drill line
- CNC angle line
- CNC heavy-duty gantry plasma cutting machine
- 300- and 500-ton hydraulic press brakes
- CNC shear
- 4-point plate roller
- Angle roll
- 120-ton ironworker
- 30- and 90-ton punches
- Turning rolls
- Pipe threader
- Radial arm drill press
- Band saws
- Welding machines
- Hand plasma cutter
In addition to our primary manufacturing capabilities, we also offer a range of in-house secondary services to enhance and customize each product for its application. This allows us to deliver comprehensive, end-to-end manufacturing solutions that save our customers time and money.
- Emergency services: Our flexible manufacturing capabilities and hours allow us to ensure fast turnaround for urgent projects.
- Plate and angle processing: We have the in-house equipment to perform cost-efficient plate and angle processing on a range of metals.
- Steel galvanization: Since many of our customers require galvanized steel for their projects, we work closely with a local metal processing specialist to treat steel products upon request.
- Welding: With an AWS-certified weld inspector on staff, we ensure strong, reliable welds that meet strict quality requirements.
We Fabricate Peace of Mind for Our Customers
At Advance Industrial Manufacturing, have the metalworking experience and tools required to produce everything from complex electrical substation support structures to custom conveyor systems. Unlike traditional machining shops, we take a craftsman-style approach to creating unique solutions that are carefully tailored to their application. These personalized solutions give our customers the peace of mind that comes with knowing each project will receive the time and attention to detail it requires to succeed.
We Love Steel!
We fabricate peace of mind for our customers.Request A Quote>